Friday, May 1, 2015

TattleTale

Yes, I'm a tattletale. I am not going to be nice.

I'll call 911 in a heartbeat and I'll exercise my Second Amendment rights.

=====

I'll help fill up the NPD database with information about the trouble spots (weird people hitting on me, people trying my back door in broad daylight, people trying my front door after midnight). 

But I'll also be able to handle the eight to ten minutes required to work through the 911 maze and have the police deploy before they actually appear on my doorstep (national average is eight minutes). 

Have you ever actually called 911? It takes at least three minutes just to get to the right person able to listen ("Fire, Police, or Medical? Stay on the line. Beep".)

Don't waste their time, but the next time you see anything even faintly legitimately suspicious call them. They will be appreciative of the information and YOU will get an education as to how long it takes to get a response. 

Not their fault. Just the way it is.

Which they did in both instances in about ten minutes, no complaints. And in both cases they caught the perpetrators. Both well known down-and-outers, druggies, whatever. Sort of like Gray with an eighteen count rap sheet.

     http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/freddiegray.asp

NPD never told me what the final outcome was, I don't really care as long as the perps don't come back.

But if the perps had gotten through the door in that time it would have been too late.

For them.

So, do not depend on others for your safety. BE PREPARED.

Gosh, someone famous said that once upon a time...

Baden-Powell:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scout_Motto

Be Prepared in Mind by having disciplined yourself to be obedient to every order, and also by having thought out beforehand any accident or situation that might occur, so that you know the right thing to do at the right moment, and are willing to do it.

Be Prepared in Body by making yourself strong and active and able to do the right thing at the right moment, and do it.


Read the whole thing.

No comments: