- Call kgpg in the kicker, right-click the icon and select Add to Panel
- Right-click the icon that appears in the panel and select Icon Settings
- Select the Application tab and enter the following in the Command text box:
to remove the kgpg configuration file
- Run killall kgpg to kill any existing processes
- Run kgpg & to start it. It will bring up the configuration dialog and spawn a new kgpgrc file. But it will fail to restart after you close the process unless you take the steps 1-3 above.